The Art of Revision

The first action or correction or cure is always to revise.

I take my day and review it in my mind's eye.
I start with the first incident in the morning
and go through the day.
When I come to any scene that displeases me,
I stop right there and revise it.
I rewrite it.
After I have rewritten it
so that it conforms to my ideal,
I experience it in my imagination
as though I had experienced it in the flesh.
I do it over and over
until it takes on the tone of reality.

At the end of my day, I review the day.
I don't judge it, I simply review it.
I look over the entire day -
all the episodes, all the events, 
all the conversations, all the meetings -
and then as I see it clearly in my mind's eye,
I rewrite it.
I rewrite it and make it conform to the ideal day
I wish I had experienced.
I take scene after scene and rewrite it, revise it,
and having revised my day,
then in my imagination,
I relive the day, the revised day.
I do it over and over in my imagination
until this seeming imagined state 
begins to take unto me the tones of reality.
It seems that it's real,
that I actually did experience it.
I have found from experience 
that these revised days, if really lived,
will change my tomorrows.

Do not let one day come to its end
without revising and changing the imaginal acts of the day
and make it conform to your dreams, to your ideal.